We often hear about the magic of seeing Disney through your child’s eyes. But there is something even more magical about seeing your parents experience the magic with your child! Of course, the number one reason grandparents will love being a part of your next vacation is their grandkids! Grandparents always say seeing their grandchildren’s joy and wonder is their favorite part of a Disney cruise. Here are some other reasons grandparents won’t want to pass up an invitation to join your family’s Disney cruise vacation.
1. Family entertainment. With Broadway-style musicals, lively dinner shows, high-energy deck parties and fireworks at sea, there are tons of ways to have fun on board with the grandkids. In D Lounge, game shows like Disney trivia, karaoke nights and dance parties offer more fun activities to enjoy together.
2. Fun in the sun. Poolside, grandparents can have the best of both worlds with the whole family, relaxing in one of the comfy lounge chairs or splashing around with the kids in one of the pools. They can also take the kids on an adventure to play miniature golf on Goofy’s Sports Deck, ride the exciting AquaDuck water coaster on the Disney Fantasy, or the AquaMouse on the Disney Wish.
3. Time with their adult children. As much fun as grandparents have with their grandchildren, they’ll love some adult-only time, too. While the kids are having a blast in one of the many youth clubs, you and your parents can enjoy a night on your own to catch up, savor incredible cuisine at Palo or Remy and hang out in the adult nighttime district.
4. Minimal Walking. For some grandparents, the idea of an adventurous vacation may seem very tiring. With Disney Cruise Line, all of the fun is right onboard! With minimal walking to all of the activities and a tram to the beaches on Disney Castaway Cay, a Disney Cruise Line vacation is a wonderful option to grandparents of all ages.
5. Take some time for themselves. Although grandparents love to spoil their grandchildren, sometimes they need to be treated, too! At Sattelite Falls on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, and the Quiet Cove Pool across the entire fleet, grandparents can relax in an adult-exclusive oasis, giving them a moment to unwind grandchild-free. Pamper them with a spa treatment at Senses Spa & Salon for an even bigger treat! Adjoining staterooms are also a great option to keep them close while still allowing them their own space after a fun-filled day.