Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is set to open in spring 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, and today with the debut of its first commercial, we get a glimpse of what this first-of-its-kind vacation experience will be like. Check it out!
After you’ve watched this one or maybe 10 times, here are a few fun moments that stand out to us:
- We already know the adventure will begin at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World, where Guests will enter a launch pod and head out into space. In this new clip, we watch out a viewport as the pod jumps to hyperspace, followed by the sudden appearance of the Halcyon starcruiser, home base for this immersive two-night adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
- As we learned last week from Disney Imagineers, the dining experience will certainly be a highlight of a stay aboard the starcruiser.
- You see in the commercial how the Resistance is always looking for new recruits – but will Guests choose to join them?
- As our hero’s family rushes into the scene, you get a view out to space over his shoulder, and then a quick look inside the cabin. The sleeping berths we can see are reminiscent of a similar bunk inside the main hold of the Millennium Falcon, no? And those are definitely some nice robes the family is wearing – they look like Jedi ready for action!
- When the camera pulls back, we zoom out the cabin’s viewport and into space – where suddenly TIE fighters dart in and hurl some blaster bolts toward the starcruiser. The Imagineers let us know Guests will be trained in bridge operations as part of our stay on the ship, and its laser cannons may come in handy at some point …
Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package includes:
- 2-night stay in a cabin or suite
- Ongoing, immersive and interactive entertainment, where choices determine your experience*
- Food and beverages on the starcruiser (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages) and a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios**
- Admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for your planetary excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Valet parking
- Exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser databand (known on your home planet as a MagicBand)
Sleep and Relax in a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Imagine waking up inside of a Star Wars story—your own Star Wars story.
Relax in comfort and gaze out your cabin or suite window, as ships, planets, stars, and other breathtaking galactic sights float past on the majestic canvas of the cosmos.
The starcruiser features 100 well-appointed cabins and suites, each one radiating an atmosphere of elegance, style, comfort, and exclusivity.
Your Star Wars story continues even in your cabin or suite. You’ll be amazed by the attention to detail!
Even if you fly from one side of this galaxy to the other, you’ll never stay anywhere like the cabins or suites at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser!
SAMPLE STANDARD CABIN RATES
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser rates vary depending on your voyage departure date, the number of guests in your cabin, and your cabin type. We look forward to sharing more details about when you’ll be able to book this experience at a later time.
Price based on a cabin room at Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. The number of packages available is limited. All packages are a 2-night experience. Package includes entry to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for one (1) day on day 2 of your experience. This admission ticket expires at midnight prior to departure date and is nonupgradable, nontransferable, nonrefundable and excludes activities/events separately priced. Package includes two (2) breakfast, two (2) lunch and two (2) dinner meals per Guest, with gratuity included for dinners; and one (1) quick-service meal consisting of one (1) entrée and either one (1) nonalcoholic beverage or, if age 21 or over, one (1) alcoholic beverage (where available), or, for Guests ages 3 to 9, one (1) combo meal from the children’s menu offerings, to be used in the theme park only. Entertainment and experiences onboard subject to change without notice or liability.
For more on this immersive experience, Disney gathered some of the Disney Imagineers developing this groundbreaking project and let the cameras roll as they talked about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. In this wide-ranging discussion, you’ll learn more about how guests can be the hero of their own Star Wars story, about their planet-side excursion to Batuu, and how this new experience complements and enhances a visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and so much more.
To stay up to date on all things Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, stay turned to My Mickey Vacation Travel and contact your Dream Designer.
Be sure to contact your favorite Dream Designer travel agent, or request your free quote by clicking here.