This edition of Foodie News is jam-packed with exciting news – including the reopening of three of our most popular all-you-care-to-enjoy buffets. Check out all the delicious details below!
Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens today with all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast and dinner. Once again, the cooking stations will be brimming with your favorites for breakfast – creamy pap, turkey bobotie, pancakes, waffles, deviled eggs with salmon, and delicious freshly baked items from the Boma bakery.
At dinner, the rotisserie area will offer pork ribs, salmon, African-spiced strip loin, Durban rotisserie chicken, and lamb bobotie. The kid’s station will have pasta and meatballs, mac n’ cheese, and chicken bites. The rotating selection of soups, stews, and chowders are back, as well as tasty salads like berbere chickpea salad and North African cauliflower salad. And yes, Zebra Domes are back!
Beginning Aug. 29, Biergarten Restaurant in the German pavilion at EPCOT will offer a buffet experience for lunch and dinner. Enjoy your favorite German dishes – pretzel rolls, bratwurst, spätzle, schnitzel, and a variety of desserts, including apple strudel and black forest rolls. Prost!
Inspired by Victorian greenhouses of the late 1800s, The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom Park is such an enchanting spot to dine. I am happy to announce starting Sept. 12, their buffet will open for lunch and dinner where you can feast on Parker House rolls, create-your-own fresh garden salad, seared pork tenderloin, fire-roasted prime rib, braised beef short ribs, and more.
Enjoy Cantonese, Mongolian, Szechuan, Hunan, and Kiangche-style specialties at Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China pavilion at EPCOT. Now open for dinner (Tuesday-Saturday), start with Sichuan Chicken Dumplings, Crispy Duck Bao Buns, or the House Hot & Sour Soup. For entrées, select from many delicious dishes such as Kung Pao Duo, Salt and Pepper Shrimp, Spicy Honey Crispy Chicken, and Kowloon Spare Ribs.
Start your day in the most enchanting way – breakfast is back at Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park starting Aug. 27! Reservations are available beginning Aug. 24.
Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park reopens Aug. 29 and they have delicious new entrées to try while traveling through the park. Did you know “kusafiri” means “to journey” in Swahili?
- Spiced Potato Hand Pies – Vegetables and potatoes wrapped in pastry served with harissa aïoli and coriander chutney
- Marinated Chicken Flatbread Sandwich – Marinated chicken topped with cucumber–tomato salad, tahini sauce, and greens served with house-made chips
- Red Chili Hot Dog – Spicy hot dog topped with cucumber–tomato salad and harissa aïoli served with house-made chips
Drop anchor and check out the new offerings at Dockside Diner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Opening Aug. 22, this adorable walk-up location has plenty of outdoor seating along Echo Lake.
- Shrimp Salad Roll – Shrimp, arugula, tomatoes, pickled shaved fennel, and sliced radish tossed with rémoulade sauce on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Chipotle Chicken Salad Roll – Roasted pulled chicken salad with red onions, celery, tomatoes, and watercress tossed with chipotle aïoli and topped with fried onions on a brioche butter bun served with seasoned house-made chips
- Smoked Fish Dip served with seasoned house-made chips, celery, carrots, jalapeños, and pickles
- Seaside Brownie – Chocolate brownie topped with white chocolate ganache and seaside garnish
- Blue Sea Margarita – Tequila, blue Curaçao, and sweet-and-sour
Be sure to contact your favorite Dream Designer travel agent, or request your free quote by clicking here.