Perhaps one of the most popular restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort is Be Our Guest located in the Magic Kingdom. One of the most ordered treats while dining here is the famed “Grey Stuff.” The restaurant, which is named for the academy-awarding winning song from Beauty and the Beast, features this delectable treat also from the movie’s song. we can honestly say that we have tried the grey stuff and it is in fact delicious!
Being one of the most sought-after recipes, the Disney chefs got together to create this simple version the entire family will enjoy making and eating! It’s time to tie your napkin ‘round your neck while we provide a new easy at-home recipe inspired by the ultimate “Grey Stuff” found at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
We invite you to relax, pull up a chair as we proudly present – your recipe!
Simple At-Home Grey Stuff Recipe Inspired by the Ultimate “Grey Stuff” at Disney Parks
- 1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12 scalloped sugar cookies
- Edible sugar pearls
- Pour milk into large mixing bowl. Add instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Fold puréed cookies into pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Spoon grey stuff into piping bag fitted with desired tip. Pipe grey stuff onto cookies. Top with sugar pearls.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder, while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Want to add an extra bit of magic to your tasty treat? Use it as frosting and serve on top of a cupcake! This tasty treat it the perfect snack to eat while watching Disney’s animated classic “Beauty and the Beast” on Disney+. We hope you enjoy this easy to follow recipe with your family.
If you want to try the real grey stuff, available at Disney Parks around the world, contact your favorite Dream Designer today to get started on the magic!