Only Universal Studios Hollywood tests the limits of absolute awesome with incredible, movie-based thrills and adventure you can’t find anywhere else in L.A. No one else creates a day filled with so much fun and excitement. Universal Studios Hollywood. It’s the Best Day in L.A.
|UNIVERSAL STUDIOS THEME PARK
- Wake up early and be at the park at least 30 minutes prior to opening.
- Universal Studios Hollywood has a few attractions and areas (Super Silly Fun Land and Jurassic World – The Ride) have a habit of soaking you to the bone. For this reason, we suggest that you consider bringing a change of clothes, or at least a pair of dry socks for everyone, with you to the park.
- In the early morning, hit all your “must see” attractions before the crowds come. Then hit the shows and less crowded attractions that are on your to-do list. When the lines dwindle in the evening, revisit your favorite rides again.
- Super Nintendo World is brand new and will be the most popular section of the park. Many guests will purchase 30 minute early access to the park (this is free to guests who have booked a package with a Universal Partner Hotel) to take in all of Super Nintendo World and a few other popular attractions, like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ or Jurassic World – The Ride.
- Universal offers a “skip the line” system called Universal Express. You will receive a pass that allows each passholder to skip the lines once at all participating attractions. Each pass is valid for one person, and for one admission to each participating attraction. You can expect an up-to-15-minute wait to in any line for an attraction that offers Express Pass access. Universal Express currently excludes Mario Kart™: Bowser’s Challenge.
The World Famous Studio Tour Visit 13 city blocks on 400-plus acres of historic studio lot in the largest set construction project in studio history, built with creative consultation from Steven Spielberg himself. Approximate Run Time: 60 minutes
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem A 4-D simulator experience where you’ll join Gru, Margo, Edith, Agnes, and the mischievous Minions on a heartwarming and thrilling ride.
The Simpsons Ride A simulator experience which takes riders through the world of Krustyland with characters from The Simpsons.
Super Silly Fun Land This colorfully themed, interactive Minion-inspired outdoor venue is designed to entertain guests of all ages with its more than 80 different water-play features. A nearby dry zone invites guests to climb, jump and slide, while the Minion-themed ride, “Silly Swirly Fun Ride,” will soar and spin guests around for a 360-degree view of “Super Silly Fun Land” aboard a fleet of uniquely styled ride vehicles.
The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash Join Max, Duke, Gidget and Snowball on a journey through the streets of New York City as you get ready to be welcomed into your new home.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ – the section’s signature attraction, this “robocoaster” is located inside Hogwarts™ Castle and takes guests through scenes inspired by the Potter books and films
Flight of the Hippogriff™ – a junior roller coaster located next to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Ollivanders – an interactive experience based on the Harry Potter location Ollivanders. Not a ride, just a simple show inside a VERY small room. Slow moving line due to the small number of people that can fit inside the room. Skip if line is long or come back on a second day first thing at park opening.
TRANSFORMERS™: The Ride-3D An immersive, next generation thrill ride blurring the line between fiction and reality.
Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride This high-speed roller coaster takes you inside The Mummy’s tomb. The ride catapults guests at speeds up to 45 mph in virtual darkness. Many of the Egyptian hieroglyphics on the walls spell out real words and ancient warnings. See if you can spot the golden statue of ET in the treasure room. Free lockers are provided just outside the entrance, and all bags and handheld items must be stored.
Jurassic World – The Ride Prepare yourself for the evolution of Jurassic World – The Ride. Enter an immersive land and come face-to-face with the Indominus rex as she stalks you through the jungle. Get caught in the fray as she’s confronted by her archrival, the Tyrannosaurus rex, in an epic battle for the ages. *BE PREPARED TO GET WET ON THIS ATTRACTION.
Raptor Encounter Dare to come face-to-face with Blue, the most beloved Velociraptor from the Jurassic World franchise. And meet the newest additions to the Raptor Encounter: a big, friendly Triceratops and a Baby Raptor!
Dino Play Discover the interactive DinoPlay for Kids area with new activities for our younger guests. Excavate giant dinosaur fossils at a discovery dig site, explore a full-size T. rex skull and dinosaur eggs, play on the jungle climber, a rope plank bridge and more.
Super Nintendo World™
Mario Kart™: Bowser’s Challenge Put on the special goggles and battle Team Bowser alongside Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach on Mario Kart™: Bowser’s Challenge. You’ll steer through underwater courses and courses in the clouds, collecting coins and throwing shells to win the Golden Cup.