TapuTaupu is an electronic device that is worn on the wrist. Guests at Volcano Bay will wear this device throughout the duration of their visit. The purpose of TapuTapu is to allow visitors to reserve a specified time to return and experience an attraction without having to wait in line.
Receive your TapuTapu wearable device as you enter the park – every guest will receive a TapuTapu device for the day to unlock the wonders at this island paradise. It’s good to arrive at the gate a bit early in order to have your TapuTapu when the park opens.
How to Get In the Virtual Line
All the rides at Volcano Bay feature a Virtual Line. It changes how you wait – leaving you free to float, swim, splash, eat, shop or just relax until it’s your time to ride. Here’s how it works:
- Tap in at an attraction with your TapuTapu wearable and you’re in the Virtual Line.
- You’re free to explore the park while your TapuTapu counts down the minutes to your return time.
- When your TapuTapu vibrates, it’s time to return to your attraction with just a short wait before you ride.
How to Make Purchases with TapTu Pay
Go cashless and keep your wallet dry. You can pay for food, drinks and merchandise with a tap of your TapuTapu wearable. Here’s how:
- Go to The Official Universal Orlando Resort App to set up your account.
- Link and assign the ticket numbers and names for each member of your party.
- Add a credit card and set a security PIN.
- Then, when you’re in Volcano Bay, you’ll enjoy the ease and convenience of making most transactions with a simple tap of your TapuTapu.