It’s just like watching your favorite TV shows and movies in real life, except with the ultimate ride-y things like twists, turns and drops. Face villains more menacing than your kids pre-churros. Save the earth daily or even hourly. Oh and dragons, Universal Studios has dragons! And one of them even breathes real fire so that’s cool (err hot). This is way beyond the movies.
|UNIVERSAL STUDIOS THEME PARK
- Wake up early and be at the park at least 30 minutes prior to opening. If you are staying at an on-site resort, you have access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour prior to the park’s scheduled opening time. Check your Universal app for the Universal Studios early access schedule.
- Visitors to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks use the same parking garage, then walk through CityWalk on the way into the parks. Those using resort shuttle, taxi, or limo services will arrive near the garage at street level. All guests will converge to a central hub to go through the security screening area. Give yourself at least half an hour (45 minutes in the summer) to park and make the walk. Bear right and walk along the water to get to the Universal Studios main entrance.
- In the early morning, hit all your “must see” attractions before the crowds come. Then hit the shows and less crowded attractions that are on your to-do list. When the lines dwindle in the evening, revisit your favorite rides again.
- The Wizarding World is by far the most popular section of the park. Many guests like to take advantage of the early access days to make Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts the first stop in the morning.
- If it rains, Universal Studios is a great park visit. Many of the attractions and shows are indoors and will not close due to weather.
- Universal offers a “skip the line” system called Universal Express Pass. You will receive a pass that allows each passholder to skip the lines once at all participating attractions. Each pass is valid for one person, and for one admission to each participating attraction. You can expect an up-to-15-minute wait to in any line for an attraction that offers Express Pass access. In addition to Universal Express Pass, also offered is Universal Express Unlimited. Working similarly to the Express Pass explained above, this option allows for the shorter lines an unlimited number of times at participating attractions.
* A popular plan is to head straight to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley as soon as the park opens. Go directly to Gringotts Bank and ride Escape from Gringotts FIRST! Then if you have Park to Park tickets, ride the Hogwarts Express both directions. After you have experienced all of Diagon Alley, then continue with your visit to Universal Studios Florida.
Illumination’s Minion Land
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem – A 4-D simulator ride with Gru, Margo, Edith, Agnes, and the minions. Height restriction is 40 inches.
Illumination’s Villain Con Minion Blast – Join Illumination’s Minions, Belle Bottom, Jean Clawed and the rest of the Vicious 6 at Villain-Con as you blast your way to supervillain stardom. Use your E-Liminator X blaster and test your skill in this fun, interactive attraction.
Illumination Theater – Visit Minion Land’s unique ‘meet & greet’ location and pose for photos with Illumination film characters like the Minions, Gru, Margo, Edith and Agnes, along with characters from the film Sing.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket – This towering coaster offers a musical twist: As you strap in, you’ll pick the song you want to hear above your own shrieks. Adrenaline pumping and music thumping, you’ll climb toward the sky at a 90-degree angle and tackle the first ferocious drop. Topping out at 65 mph, this rip-roaring ride is a blast from beginning to end. Height restriction is 51 inches.
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon – Get a place in the Virtual Line™ and get your return time to be a guest at The Tonight Show! Experience the history and fun of The Tonight Show in Studio 6B. Send a “Thank You Note” at the interactive desks. See Hashtag the Panda and enjoy a hip-hop barbershop performance by the Ragtime Gals! Then, join Jimmy Fallon and all your favorite characters from The Tonight Show in a fun-filled race through, below and above New York City. Secure your Virtual Line™ Pass through The Official Universal Orlando Resort™ App (free download). You’ll need to be on the property to select a return time.
Revenge of the Mummy – This high-speed roller coaster takes you inside The Mummy’s tomb. The storyline is excellent, and the coaster is thrilling. See if you can spot the Kong statue in the Treasure Room. Free lockers are provided just outside the entrance, and all bags and handheld items must be stored
Transformers: The Ride – A dark ride featuring a battle between the Autobots and Decepticons. Height restriction is 40 inches.
Fast & Furious: Supercharged – Join the crew for an immersive Fast & Furious experience. Step into an amazing re-creation of the crew’s headquarters filled with actual movie props and supercharged vehicles you’ve only seen on the big screen. Ride along with Dom, Letty, Hobbs and Roman on a street chase in the middle of the high-octane world of the Fast & Furious blockbuster films. Plus, when you’re in line, access bonus content through the Universal Orlando Resort™ app—meet the team, compete in trivia matches and find your true ride.
Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – a pulse-pounding adventure on the groundbreaking, multi-dimensional thrill ride that puts you right in the middle of the action as you navigate your way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults – encountering Harry, Ron, and Hermione along the way!
Hogwarts Express – Board the train and travel between both Hogsmeade™ and London via the Hogwarts™ Express* with a Park-to-Park admission ticket.
Ollivanders – an interactive experience based on the Harry Potter location Ollivanders. Not a ride, just a simple show inside a VERY small room. Slow moving line due to the small number of people that can fit inside the room. Skip if line is long or come back on a second day first thing at park opening.
Tales of Beedle the Bard – Gather ’round for a stage show presented by the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts. These adept players perform a trunk show using stylized scenic pieces, props and puppetry. See them retell two famous tales of Beedle the Bard, a 15th-century author of wizarding fairytales, The Fountain of Fair Fortune and The Tale of the Three Brothers.
Celestina Warbuck and the Banshees – Sway and groove to the dulcet tones of wizarding world sensation (and Molly Weasley’s favorite singer), Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees. The swinging show features never-before-heard songs including ‘A Cauldron Full Of Hot, Strong Love’, ‘You Stole My Cauldron But You Can’t Have My Heart’, and ‘You Charmed The Heart Right Out Of Me’.
Men in Black Alien Attack – Compete with your friends for that elusive million point perfect score as you shoot aliens in a ride through the famous film.
The Simpsons Ride – A simulator ride which takes riders through the world of Krustyland with characters from The Simpsons. Height restriction is 40 inches.
Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – An aerial carousel ride where guests help Kang & Kodos take over Springfield.
The Bourne Stuntacular – Forget what you know about stunt shows. Through a cutting-edge fusion of stagecraft and film, you follow Jason Bourne as he outruns sinister characters hoping to bring him in. He dangles from a helicopter in Dubai. He’s chased across rooftops in Tangier and by motorcycle through Virginia. There are fistfights, shootouts and danger at every turn.
Universal Horror Makeup Show – This hilarious and informative show takes you behind the scenes as you learn the secrets behind special effects makeup for legendary horror movies. The show is rated PG-13 for gore and sometimes-crude humor.