“We won’t be going to Epcot…there’s nothing there for the kids.”
When Epcot opened in 1982 it’s attractions and entertainment were focused on education. It was a vastly different experience from what children enjoyed at Magic Kingdom park. Over the years, the Imagineers at Disney have been working quite successfully to add attractions that are more appealing to Guests of all ages while maintain a commitment to education. Take a look at all the fun that awaits your family at Epcot, but don’t tell the kids that they still may learn a thing or two!
World Celebration Attractions
- Spaceship Earth – Climb aboard your very own time machine and journey through the history of communication from the Stone Age until, well, tomorrow! After your trip through time visit Project Tomorrow where you can build, create, compete and play in a series of exhibits that bring innovative ideas and technologies to life.
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – At the Imagination Institute Figment the playful, purple dragon is your guide on this whimsical tour of the 5 senses on this madcap musical trip. After your journey stop by Image Works “What If” Labs for some interactive fun with many sensory activities designed to spark creativity.
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival – Experience popular Disney and Pixar short films—in amazing 4D.
World Nature Attractions
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends – See a real aquarium with your favorite Finding Nemo characters swimming right along.
- Living with the Land – Sail through hatcheries and greenhouses and behold 9-pound lemons, Mickey-shaped pumpkins and more!
- Soarin’ Around the World – Imagine gliding over Great Wall of China, the Great Pyramids in Egypt, and other amazing locations. Enjoy a scenic view of the best of Earth’s beauty from a simulated hang glider.
World Discovery Attractions
- Test Track – Design your own vehicle, and then put it to the test. End your ride with a 60+ MPH trip around the track.
World Showcase Attractions
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – Feel like you’ve shrunk down to Chef Remy’s size for a 4D culinary adventure based on the Disney and Pixar film Ratatouille. When you’re small, life is a big adventure! (Available to ride via Standby Queue and/or Individual Lightning Lane Selection purchase.)
- Frozen Ever After – Climb aboard a Viking Boat and take a ride through the beautiful village of Arendelle. This beautiful attraction features new and amazing animatronic technology and your favorite Frozen songs.
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – Cruise down the Rio Grande on a dark boat ride past some of the most famous sights and cities in Mexico as you accompany the Three Caballeros in their search for Donald Duck.
JAMMitors – While exploring World Showcase you may run into unique custodial trio. This rhythmic clean-up crew breaks it down as they drum up fun with some unlikely instruments!
- Mariachi Cobre – Sway to exuberant mariachi music as you catch a performance by this spirited band.
- Voices of Liberty – Get swept away by inspiring vocal performances celebrating America’s spirit and beauty.
- KidCot Fun Stops – These areas located at each World Showcase Pavilion are places where kids can pick up a Ziploc Kidcot bag containing 11, fact sheets, and coloring pages. The bags are available for pickup at any of the 11 World Showcase Pavilions. Bags at every location contain the same items, so you’ll only need to stop at one location.
- Garden Grill – See Chip ‘n’ Dale and their Disney pals as you dig into family-style dining and revolve around vibrant views from Living with the Land.
- Coral Reef Restaurant – Enjoy spectacular views of a living coral reef and the 4,000 sea creatures who call it home!
Biergarten – Located in the Germany Pavilion, this all-you-care-to-eat dining location is reminiscent of a German village, complete with an Oom-pah band and
New ways to see favorite characters await you at Epcot this year. Kids of all ages take socially distanced selfies with characters such in locations throughout the park. Character experiences are not scheduled, and they can appear at any time throughout the Epcot Neighborhoods. Some characters you might find at Epcot include:
- Fab Five and Pals – near EPCOT Main Entrance
- Winnie the Pooh – in the gardens near Journey into Imagination
- Joy – inside of ImageWorks
- Vanellope von Schweetz/Wreck-It Ralph – inside of ImageWorks
- Minnie Mouse – World Showcase Plaza
- Anna and Elsa – Royal Summerhus at the Norway
- Snow White – appears in the Germany Pavilion.
- Jasmine – Morocco Pavilion
- Aurora and Belle – France Pavilion
- Alice and Marry Poppins – United Kingdom Pavilion
Characters and times are subject to change.