|STATEROOMS AND SERVICE
- Lots of cruisers like to personalize their stay by decorating their stateroom doors. The doors are magnetic, so you can create your own magnet art, or check out online stores that sell fun magnets. Some Guests also put a dry erase board on their door so that a passing family members, or even a passing Crew Member, can leave messages for you.
- There are laundry rooms on each floor if you need to wash or iron anything.
- Your luggage should fit nicely under the bed to keep it out of the way and give you more closet space for your belongings.
- Even on the most placid of seas, the Disney Cruise Line vessels will experience some movement. Empty hangers in the closet sometimes tap into one another as a result of the gentle movement of the ship. If you don’t want to listen to the clicking of the hangers while you rest, simply place the unused hangers into a drawer in your stateroom.
- When you get into your room, there is a slot near the door to put your room key in. This will turn on the lights and heat/air. However, any card will do. So, if you have an infant card you don’t use while on the ship, or any store rewards card, etc., you can use that instead and keep things on if you like.
|CHARACTERS AND PHOTOS
- There are character and princess greetings aboard the ship. Some of the character appearances are completely random and unscheduled, so you’ll have to be on the lookout for some amazing opportunities
- While Guests are welcome to take plenty of photos with their own devices, Shutters is the professional photography service on the ship. You can view and purchase your photographs daily. Most dinners, pre-dinner and character encounters will have a professional photographer available for pictures. If you think you are missing any photos tell them at Shutters and they can assist you. You can purchase photobooks, individual photos, and an all-included package. Stop by Shutters for pricing.
- Movie fans – Check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App for ongoing movies shown on the big screen at the pool, and also first run theatrical releases shown constantly at the Buena Vista Theater. Some movie experiences, such as 3D at Sea and Movie PremEARS can be enjoyed at the Walt Disney Theater.
- Brush up on your best pirate slang! After shoving off from Castaway Cay the Crew Members will be in their finest pirate gear and serving up a delicious Caribbean-themed meal. Everyone gets into the pirate spirit to enjoy these special menu items, as well as a show.
- The Rainforest Room in Senses Spa is an incredible adults only experience. It features a steam room, sauna, aromatherapy showers and more. Guests are provided with fruit-infused water, body scrubs and a soothing environment, perfect for relaxing and unwinding. Currently the Rainforest Room is available for one travel party at a time, accommodating up to 10 Guests for each 1 hour and 45-minute session. Guests can make reservations while on board the ship. Contact Senses Spa & Salon once onboard the ship for more information.
- Live stage productions are a special treat on board Disney Cruise Line Vessels. These Broadway-style shows will be performed on several different nights to allow all guests a chance to view. You will be treated to shows like Beauty and the Beast (Dream), The Little Mermaid (Wish), Frozen: A Musical Spectacular (Wonder/Fantasy), Tangled: The Musical (Magic) and even more amazing productions. Not all shows are performed on all Disney Cruise Line Ships. Check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app for shows and showtimes. Shows vary by ship.
- The Midship Detective Agency is an interactive detective game which involves Enchanted Art around the ship. This is a game the entire family can play together or alone. Sign up at the kiosk located on Deck 5 Midship. (Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish)
- Early morning is a great time to ride the water slides with little to no wait. During Castaway Cay days is also a great time. Mid-afternoon is the busiest time.
- While at Castaway Cay, enjoy a bike ride or swimming tubes for very reasonable rental prices.
- Enjoy free miniature golf on the sports deck.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab are designed for Guests ages 3 years to 10 years. Children must be potty trained to visit Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab.
- Pre-register your child for Disney’s Oceaneer Lab or you can register once onboard your ship.
- Upon boarding the ship on Embarkation Day, both children and parents must check in at the front desk at Disney’s Oceaneer Club or Disney’s Oceaneer Lab (a refundable deposit is require for each band). During this time, parents will fill out final paperwork and children will receive a Disney Cruise Line Youth Activities wristband, which grants them access to both Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab. Parents are also invited to tour the facility, meet the counselors, and learn more about the many activities offered. Children with DisneyBand+ can use their bands in lieu of the Oceaneer Club Band.
- Edge is designed for Guests ages 11 years to 14 years.
- This unique space provides tweens special hangout. It’s equipped with high-tech entertainment including flat-screen TVs, computers and video games and featuring daily guided activities.
- Vibe is designed for Guests ages 14 years to 17 years.
- Designed with their interests in mind, each lounge is laden with amenities and activities that will keep them engaged and entertained while encouraging them to mingle.
- it’s a small world Nursery (reservation required)
- designed for children ages 6 months to 3 years on (or from 1 to 3 years old on Transatlantic, Hawaii and Panama Canal itineraries).
- Little ones can play games, make crafts, watch movies or even take a nap while you embark on adventures of your own.