Character interactions are back at Disney Parks and there are lots of opportunities to interact with them. Here are some general ideas for questions, ice breakers, and other ways to get reactions from characters.
|The Fab Five|
- Paint your finger or toenails red with white polka dots – make sure to show Minnie!
- Wear Minnie Mouse costume to Chef Mickey’s (or bring a Minnie Mouse plush).
- Ask Minnie how many dresses she has. Try to ask her in front of Mickey.
- Tell Minnie she’s the real princess.
- Ask Minnie about her cat, Figaro.
- At Chef Mickey’s, complement him on the fabulous meal.
- Ask him about his nephews, Morty and Ferdie.
- Ask Sorcerer Mickey if he sees any brooms around.
- Tell him he looks very handsome in a tuxedo.
- Ask him if he and Minnie have special plans for the weekend.
- Ask him if he can teach you how to drive a steamboat.
- Ask Donald Duck where Mickey Mouse is.
- If you have the talent, speak to Donald Duck in a duck’s voice.
- Wear a Mickey shirt/hat around Donald.
- Tell him he is the “real” star of the show!
- Ask him to say hi to Daisy or Huey, Duey, and Louie.
- Tell him to say hi to his son Max.
- He likes sports – ask him to demonstrate his favorite sport.
- Ask him what size shoe he wears.
- Where can I get one of those stylish green hats?
- He likes to flirt – tell him you have a crush on him! He will try to “steal” you away.
- Ask if he likes to be scratched behind the ear.
- Tell Pluto that is a very good boy.
- Tell him you will dogsit for him when Mickey’s out of town.
- Try to play peekaboo with him. He will use his ears to hide.
The Princesses all LOVE to talk and have background stories, and they don’t need much prompting.
- Princesses oohh and aahh over jewelry and clothing with images of them on it.
- Bow to a princess and call them your highness … they love that.
Anna and Elsa
- Ask them if they would like to build a snowman.
- Offer to share a sandwich with Anna.
- Ask them if they have any tips to look “beautifuller.”
- Ask Elsa what her favorite snow/ice creation was.
- Ask Elsa if Marshmallow ever returned her tiara.
- Ask if they have any chocolate.
- Ask if Olaf really gives warm hugs.
- Ask Pocahontas how she says Hello.
- Does she have a favorite animal in the forest?
- Speak French to Belle.
- Ask Belle what her favorite book is.
- Ask her if the Beast is a very messy eater.
- Ask her if her father has invented anything interesting lately.
- Tell her to say hi to Mrs. Potts and Chip.
- Say you’d love to come to dinner at the castle to see those dancing plates!
- Ask Mulan if she can tell you the most important thing to know about being a strong warrior.
- How is Shang?
- Ask if crickets really are lucky bugs.
- Is Mushu still looking after her?
- Ask Snow White how the Dwarfs are doing—how is Sneezy’s cold?
- What is the best way to cheer up someone who is Grumpy in the morning?
- Ask her what kind of pie is her favorite to bake.
- Tell her to watch out for old women offering her apples!
- If Dopey is with her, tell him you think beards are overrated and he is just perfect the way he is. If he gets shy, tell him his name is not Bashful!
- Ask her for some tips on getting woodland creatures to help tidy up your own “cottage.”
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- What was her favorite gift the fairies gave her?
- Does she like the pink or the blue dress better?
- Ask her if she always suspected she was a princess when she was living in the cottage in the forest.
- Ask her if she goes to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get her hair done.
- Ask her if the glass slippers are comfortable.
- Inquire if she is she is more friendly with her stepsisters now.
- Do the mice live in the castle with her and Prince Charming?
- What is her favorite sea food?
- How are Sebastian, Flounder and King Triton?
- Mention her daughter Melody and Prince Eric.
- Has Flounder ever met Nemo?
- Can she switch between her fins and human legs? Does it feel funny?
- Does she still use a dinglehopper to comb her hair?
Aladdin and Jasmine:
- “Gas prices are pretty high these days, so I was thinking about buying a magic carpet. Do you know a good place to get one?”
- Ask how Genie is doing.
- Ask if Abu (Aladdin’s monkey) and Rajah (Jasmin’s Tiger) get along?
- Tell “Al” that the Fez is a tough look to pull off but it works for him.
Tinkerbell and Fairies
- Do you know the Tooth Fairy?
- Ask the best way to keep away from pirates.
- What are your favorite things to eat in Pixie Hollow?
- Do you have any extra Pixie dust to spare? We would like to save on airfare to get home.
|Hundred Acre Wood Friends|
- Ask him if he’d like to share some tea and hunny.
- Tell him that red is a good color for him.
- Greet Pooh as Mr. Sanders.
- Ask if Christopher Robin is in school.
- Call him a “silly old bear.”
- Tell him he looks better in stripes than polka dots.
- Ask him for bouncing lessons.
- Tell him to be on the look out for Heffalumps and Woozles.
- Ask him if he has a spring in his tail.
- Tell Eeyore to hold onto his tail.
- Ask him if he has bows of other colors for his tail.
- Ask him if he likes to snack on acorns.
- Ask if he’s gone Woozle hunting with Pooh.
*Ask any of the Pooh friends to meet you by the lake for a game of Pooh Sticks
|Toy Story Friends|
- Ask him if Zurg is really his father.
- Ask if the Space Rangers need any more recruits.
- Ask how he likes his new home with Maggie.
- Tell him that there’s a snake in his boot.
- Warn him that someone’s poisoned the water hole.
- Tell him, “You’ve got a friend in me!”
- Ask him how Bo Peep is doing.
- Tell Jesse you wish you had her beautiful red hair.
- Ask her if she’s met any new critters.
- Ask her if she has heard from Stinky Pete.
Green Army Men
- Show them your best posture and salute.
|Other Classic and Favorite Characters|
Chip & Dale
- Ask Chip and Dale how to tell them apart.
- Call Chip…Dale and Dale…Chip.
- Tell Chip and Dale you have nuts in your backpack.
- Ask the Mad Hatter for his “autograph”. He may draw a picture of a car and a graph.
- Tell the Mad Hatter it’s your Unbirthday.
- Ask the White Rabbit for the time.
- Mention to Alice that you have a cat.
- Ask Alice how many impossible things she’s done before breakfast.
- Say “Supercalafragilisticexpealidocious” to Mary Poppins.
- Ask her to say it backwards.
- Ask her how your kids “Measure Up!”
- Ask her about Bert and Uncle Albert.
- Tell her you’d like to join her next tea party on the ceiling.
- Ask her what “spit spot” means
Lilo and Stitch
- Ask Lilo to teach you the hula
- Wear something with Stitch on it like a shirt or a backpack.
If you are wearing something with the character’s image on it, they will give you lots of attention.
After a picture op, tell a fur character they blinked, or their eyes were closed.