At My Mickey Vacation Travel, we know our guests are concerned about the heightened media reports regarding Coronavirus COVID-19, and it’s possible impact on their vacation. In particular, how our friends at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort are addressing the issue.
As we provide you with their official statement, we remind you (and urge you) to react solely to the information found on the CDC website, and to give little credence to the media reports that are very known to sensationalize any issue.
Here is Disney’s statement…..
As part of our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our Cast Members, Guests and the larger community, we are carefully monitoring the situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance.
We continue to implement preventive measures in line with their recommendations and the input of our medical teams. We have health and safety protocols in place, including:
- Training for Cast Members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
- End-of-day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, our onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our Cast Members about illness prevention, including the CDC’s recommendation of everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs, such as:
- Staying home when sick
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Following proper respiratory cough etiquette
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
We will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities as the situation develops.
Thank you for continuing to trust My Mickey Vacation Travel for your planning needs. I can assure you that every one of our Dream Designers are putting in the extra hours to answer your questions as best as they can, and to provide professional counsel as to your vacation concerns.