photo credit: Disney Family
There is nothing like working together on a fun and easy craft with your family. It’s even more magical when the craft is Mickey-shaped! To celebrate Earth Day, let’s add a little Disney magic to your backyard with a bird feeder shaped like Mickey Mouse. Imagine the look on your little Mouseketeer’s faces when they look out the window and see all of the feathered friends visiting. This simple project will help add a little Disney magic to your home.
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups mixed birdseed
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 packet of plain gelatin
- Wax paper
- Cookie cutters
- Twine or yarn
How To Make It
- Combine birdseed, flour, water, gelatin, and corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon, pack the birdseed mixture into the cookie cutters.
- Use a straw to poke a hole at the top of the bird feeder. Leave straw in mixture until dry.
- Let dry, preferably overnight. Remove straw. (If the mixture is still wet, you may bake in the oven on the lowest setting for an hour or so.)
- Thread twine or yarn through bird feeder and hang outside for the birds!
If you do not have a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, you can easily shape Mickey Mouse yourself by combining 3 circular shapes. You can still follow the same steps with any cookie cutter shapes you do have.
What other Disney homemade crafts or Earth Day activities have you done with your family?