2024 is shaping up to be a thrilling year for guests to visit the Walt Disney World Resort. If you’re considering planning a Disney vacation in 2024, check out our 24 reasons why the new year should be the year for your visit!
1. The Return of the Disney Dining Plan! – “Tie your napkin ’round your neck, Cherie. And we’ll provide the rest.” Disney dining plans will be coming back as an option for those staying at Disney Resort hotels who purchase a vacation package with us starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024, which will also open for bookings on May 31. We know our guests – and families in particular – have missed dining plans, which offer guests the convenience and peace of mind of pre-paying for their meals and snacks. Guests will be able to choose from two popular options: Packages that include either the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both plans will be a great value for families with young children with access to many spectacular food and beverage offerings across Walt Disney World.
2. Welcome to the Grid! – Neon lights and speeding lightcycles fill Tomorrowland as your chance to enter the grid with TRON / Lightcycle Run has arrived. You’ll climb aboard your very own Lightcycle and race through a dark, computerized world alongside your family and friends. As you swoop and swerve throughout the course, your team will compete to be the first to race through eight Energy Gates and claim victory.
3. Immerse Yourself in the Arts at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts – Get ready to explore a variety of galleries, watch live art demonstrations, purchase artwork and get it signed by the artist, or take in a live performance in the festival’s Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
4. Removing Theme Park Reservation Requirements for Date-Based Tickets – Starting with park visits on Jan. 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. You heard that right! When getting your ticket, you will simply select a start date for Jan. 9, 2024 or later, complete your purchase and then you will be all set!
5. Earth Day Celebrations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom –Join us as we celebrate Earth Day and honor the magic of nature through family-friendly experiences and specialty offerings. Check back later for more information on the 2024 event.
6. Disney H2O Glow After Hours at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon –Enjoy an evening of magic and thrills with a ticket to Disney H2O Glow After Hours at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park. It’s a 3-hour, limited-capacity event you won’t want to miss!
7. Shiki-Sai: Sushi Iziyaka – Foodies know that one of the best places to explore a variety of global cuisines is at EPCOT, which will soon be home to a new location at the Japan pavilion – Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya. This table-service restaurant will offer a festive dining experience in a sharable Izakaya-style for guests to create memories and good times through flavors.
8. Epcot Internation Flower and Garden Festival – Attend a springtime event abloom with brilliant gardens, fresh flavors, lively entertainment and more
9. Meet Ariel at Walt Disney Presents – As you wander through Walt Disney Presents, you’ll discover a curated collection of concept art from the live-action story—stunning illustrations that follow Ariel’s journey from sea to land. Then, step out onto the terrace of Prince Eric’s shoreside castle, where you’ll find Ariel amidst sweeping ocean views. Take in the gorgeous setting together or share a story or two about your exciting travels.
10. Drawn to Life Presented by Cirque du Soleil® & Disney – In this first-ever collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, journey into a world where an animator’s desk becomes the stage and drawings come alive. The show is a celebration of life, accentuated by the delightful, mesmerizing movements of Cirque du Soleil’s acrobatic mastery.
11. Figment Meet & Greet – You will soon have the opportunity to meet this much-loved dragon when visiting EPCOT.
12. Sangria University – Led by our professionals, this afternoon course will discuss the history of sangria and reveal the recipes used to make the 4 in-house varieties served at Three Bridges Bar and Grill. The lesson is followed by a tasting of the 4 sangria offerings and will be accompanied by a light appetizer. Best of all, you’ll have the opportunity to make your own glass of sangria from a selection of fresh fruits and base spirits!
13. Dreamers Point – Explore lush gardens, listen to stirring musical performances, and delight in festival fun at Dreamers Point. Here, you’ll also discover a statue of Walt Disney—a reminder for us all to dream big.
14. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Will Spice Up Fall – The aromas and flavors of global marketplaces will welcome you to this fan-favorite festival. You’ll have a chance to meet celebrity chefs, try new food and wine pairings, and listen to great music during the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.
15. Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana – World Nature, the EPCOT neighborhood dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty and balance of the natural world, will welcome Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana in late 2023.
16. Rock Out on an Intergalactic Chase with the Guardians of the Galaxy – This family-thrill attraction features the first-ever reverse launch on a Disney coaster and is one of the largest fully-enclosed coasters in the world! A new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering—this coaster rotates 360 degrees so you can focus on the action!
17. Run the World with RunDisney – Set out for a fantastic feat in our theme parks as you run through storied lands, encountering the magic of Disney. RunDisney is back and better than ever with races throughout the year.
18. Celebrate the Fa-La-La-La-Holidays Around the Resort – Get ready for a magical holiday gathering with your loved ones––and some familiar Disney Characters. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Sunset Seasons Greetings, and the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays bring the merriest of moments to the theme parks. Check back soon for more details!
19. Grab Some Grub at Roundup Rodeo BBQ – Discover what it feels like to be one of Andy’s honorary toys. At Roundup Rodeo BBQ, you will be surrounded by Andy’s rodeo at play––everything from western towns and train station playsets. Plus, take a gander at images of popular characters, including a larger-than-life display of Jessie riding on the back of a Trixie pull toy! You can also view a scene of Bo Peep and her sheep posed to perform in the rodeo
20. Celebrate the Season at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – When Mickey celebrates the season, Magic Kingdom park lights up with excitement for all ages. Joyful music fills the air. Disney Characters don their merriest attire, and enchanting entertainment can be found around almost every turn!
21. Not-So-Spooky Fun at the Magic Kingdom – Get your favorite costume ready! Come collect candies and treats while Magic Kingdom park thrills and chills you with eerie entertainment, delightful attractions, and some beloved Disney Characters. Check back soon for dates!
22. La Cava Experience – Embark on a magical journey to the region of Mexico where tequila was born. This experience—rich in culture and tradition—is a showcase for some of the finest tequila in the world. A certified Tequila Ambassador guides you through a selection of rare and unique agave spirits. Each spirit is paired with a flavor meant to enhance its essence. Some tequilas are exclusive to La Cava Experience and are not available anywhere else in the world. If you are looking to enhance and broaden your agave spirits knowledge, your adventure awaits!
23. Colors of Coronado Painting Experience – You’ll pick up a brush and follow along as we color a canvas with themed designs based on the latest and greatest Disney has to offer. When you’re done, you’ll have a brand new, original, 11”x 14” piece of art to bring home and show off to your friends.
24. Making Magical Memories Together! – There is no better reason to visit the Walt Disney World Resort than to make lasting memories with your family. Taking time to celebrate your family and create wonderful memories together is how we should all spend your 2024!
Which attraction or offering are you most excited to experience in 2024?