With great new attractions, experiences, and places to eat on the way, 2023 is shaping up to be an absolutely thrilling year for guests to visit the Walt Disney World Resort. If you’re considering planning a Disney vacation in 2023, be sure to check out our 23 reasons why the new year should be the year for your visit!
1. Welcome to the Grid! – Neon lights and speeding lightcycles will fill Tomorrowland as your chance to enter the grid with TRON / Lightcycle Run arrives in Spring 2023. You’ll climb aboard your very own Lightcycle and race through a dark, computerized world alongside your family and friends. As you swoop and swerve throughout the course, your team will compete to be the first to race through eight Energy Gates and claim victory.
2. All Aboard! – The Walt Disney World Railroad is circling the Magic Kingdom once again! Listen to the clamor of the engine, the chug of the wheels, and the call of the whistle as you travel around the park.
3. Immerse Yourself in the Arts at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts – The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will return to the park from Jan. 13-Feb. 20. Get ready to explore a variety of galleries, watch live art demonstrations, purchase artwork and get it signed by the artist, or take in a live performance in the festival’s Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
4. Ready to begin … Those words will fill the air with the popular anthem “Happily Ever After” when an updated nighttime spectacular lights up the skies at Magic Kingdom Park in 2023.
5. The Hatbox Ghost Arrives in the Magic Kingdom – Foolish mortals, prepare yourselves for a new happy haunt at the Haunted Mansion. The Hatbox Ghost has heard your calls and will materialize next year. You may recognize this popular character from the attraction at Disneyland Resort in California.
6. Enjoy Disney After Hours Events at Magic Kingdom Park & Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Disney After Hours events allow guests to explore a theme park at night with little wait times for many favorite attractions and character greetings. (Select snacks are also included).
7. Meet the New Stars of “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” – Kick off your new year with an all-new season of “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom,” debuting Jan. 1 on National Geographic. Then head to Animal Kingdom and say hello to the stars!
8. Take in the Topiaries During Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – Welcome spring’s arrival with this popular festival. The event will feature delectable bites at outdoor kitchens, as well as dozens of world-renowned, Disney-themed topiaries.
9. Summer House on the Lake is Coming to Disney Springs – Summer House on the Lake will open in Disney Springs in 2023. The restaurant serves up a California-inspired menu, including simple ingredients sourced from local grower partnerships and sustainable products.
10. DuckTales World Showcase Adventure – Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure will officially open Friday, December 16, 2022 in EPCOT. Be one of the first to try this fun new adventure around the World Showcase.
11. Figment Meet & Greet – You will soon have the opportunity to meet this much-loved dragon when visiting EPCOT.
12. The Cake Bake Shop – This “whimsical table service restaurant and bakery” created by Gwendolyn Rogers serves up beautiful cakes in a delightful atmosphere on Disney’s BoardWalk in 2023.
13. Dreamers Point – Explore lush gardens, listen to stirring musical performances, and delight in festival fun at Dreamers Point. Here, you’ll also discover a statue of Walt Disney—a reminder for us all to dream big. Opening late 2023
14. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Will Spice Up Fall – The aromas and flavors of global marketplaces will welcome you to this fan-favorite festival. You’ll have a chance to meet celebrity chefs, try new food and wine pairings, and listen to great music during the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.
15. Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana – World Nature, the EPCOT neighborhood dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty and balance of the natural world, will welcome Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana in late 2023.
16. Rock Out on an Intergalactic Chase with the Guardians of the Galaxy – This family-thrill attraction features the first-ever reverse launch on a Disney coaster and is one of the largest fully-enclosed coasters in the world! A new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering—this coaster rotates 360 degrees so you can focus on the action!
17. Run the World with RunDisney – Set out for a fantastic feat in our theme parks as you run through storied lands, encountering the magic of Disney. RunDisney is back and better than ever with races throughout the year.
18. Celebrate the Fa-La-La-La-Holidays Around the Resort – Get ready for a magical holiday gathering with your loved ones––and some familiar Disney Characters. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Sunset Seasons Greetings, and the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays bring the merriest of moments to the theme parks. Check back soon for more details!
19. Lasso Some Grub at Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Roundup Rodeo BBQ, a new table-service location, is riding into Toy Story Land in Spring 2023. This immersive restaurant will surround guests with a kaleidoscope of toys, games, and playsets while serving up delicious dishes.
20. New Fireworks Show Coming to Epcot – In honor of The Walt Disney Company’s 100th Anniversary, EPCOT will get a new fireworks show in 2023.
21. Not-So-Spooky Fun at the Magic Kingdom – Get your favorite costume ready! Come collect candies and treats while Magic Kingdom park thrills and chills you with eerie entertainment, delightful attractions, and some beloved Disney Characters. Check back soon for dates!
22. Disney 100 Celebration! – The Walt Disney Company is celebrating 100 years of magic and memories. The celebration arrives at the Walt Disney World in the Fall of 2023!
23. Making Magical Memories Together! – There is no better reason to visit the Walt Disney World Resort than to make lasting memories with your family. Taking time to celebrate your family and create wonderful memories together is how we should all spend our 2023!
Which attraction or offering are you most excited to experience in 2023?