Rain in central Florida is a common occurrence, especially during the summer months. Here are some ideas for not letting the rain get you down…
- Forget the umbrella…. get a poncho. When the rains come, the ponchos magically appear in gift shops everywhere.
- Play in the Magic Kingdom. This is the best park to visit as most attractions are within short walking distance of each other, and there are many attractions actually located indoors. Enjoy short lines during the rain.
- Stay away from Disney Springs shopping area. While most think this is the best place to go, very few of the stores are connected, so you are still walking outdoors, and many people will go there during the rain. It can become very crowded and uncomfortable.
- Visit the resorts. Look for hidden mickeys while you are there.
- Take in a long dinner
- If there is no lightning, take in Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. These are the water parks. Hey, you’re gonna get wet anyway!